Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Let's Do Everything Today!

I'm not sure what got into us, but we decided to have a really big day last Sunday.  For breakfast, we went to the Friendly Toast in Cambridge.  I wish I had taken some photos there; it's very Cambridge cool (more retro than hipster, very yummy).  Oh, well, we'll just have to go back.

After breakfast, we headed north to Amesbury.  I think Mark would move to Amesbury in a heartbeat, if it made any sense at all to do so.  He loves to visit Cider Hill Farm - terrific fruit, not overcrowded, a serious farm stand...


...and wagons for the fruit/kiddies.


We missed strawberries this year, but the blueberries were gorgeous.


Kerplink, kerplank, kerplunk


There was a sign encouraging pickers not to be eaters, at least not before purchasing.  I try not to be evil, I do, but sometimes I slip up, like when my kids look cute eating freshly picked blueberries.


And in all honesty, Chandler hardly left the wagon.  (She loves her stroller at home, too, begs to get in the thing.)  In retrospect, I think her teeth were hurting her.


This was applying of sunscreen, not laying on of hands, whatever it may look like.


Good ol' Frances, pulling her little grump around.


While Frances and I tried to jolly up Chandler, Mark handled the picking.  Thank you, Mark!


Back at the farm stand, we visited the livestock and sampled the wares.




Gotta introduce 'em to cider dough nuts early.  It's our job as parents.



One last dash of sister torture.


Good-bye Cider Hill Farm!  We'll be back!


On the way back south, we stopped in at Broken Heart Reservation, for a dip in the lake.  That's Frances dead center, and Mark and Chandler over on the right.


Luckily, the lake is a mile walk from the parking lot, so we racked up some immortal soul points against the blueberry gluttony that is to come.  (Do I need to explain immortal soul points?  Every time my sisters and I had something unpleasant to do, my dad would cajole us with the promise of immortal soul points.  I think the idea is that they get you into heaven.  Dad is a works over faith kind of guy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment