Sunday, July 6, 2014

Another Mother's Day in Somerville

For the past three or four Mother's Days, we've participated, as best as we were able, in a 5k in Somerville with our friends, the Ahouses.  And so, this Mother's Day, we obeyed habit, with a wee bit of grumbling.

The day starts with a fun run for the kids.  I wish we'd gotten pictures of Frances.  Before the race, she hitched up her arms and glared at the finish line.  When the race started, she took off like a crazed chicken.  I was so proud I thought my heart would burst.  I just love seeing her give it her all.

Here are the three bigs, post-race.  That's Frances, Sophia and Theo.


Next year, Chandler can participate in the fun run.  This year, she surveyed the passing scene from her stroller.


As usual, Dave Ahouse pushed the girls.  That's about one hundred pounds of humanity and stroller.


He still finished before I did, but I'm gaining on him.  Maybe when the girls are seven...Do they make double jogging strollers big enough for seven year olds?

Michele and me, post-race:


Then we hobbled back to the Ahouses' for brunch.  That was excellent until I made the mistake of lying down on the living room rug.  Then all the kids decided  they should lie on top of me.  Then I felt like an old woman.

Unfortunately, I didn't "train" at all for this run, yet I still completed it relatively painlessly.  This tells me it's time to get back to regular exercise and enter a longer race.  So unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment