Friday, July 25, 2014

Another JP Gem

I had heard that food trucks visited Jamaica Plain every Thursday, but we'd never visited.  I thought it would be too much rush and bother right before bed time.

Silly mama.

With some help from her mama, Frances's friend Kealakai invited us to join them at the food trucks.  It could not have been more pleasant.  Lots of kiddos, lots of beauty, no time in the kitchen required.  Perfection.


Chandler did not stop moving the whole time we were there.  I don't think she ate a bite, way too much to explore.  That's Keala and Frances behind Chandler, and Keala'a brother, Akea, is the kiddo in the red shirt.


Keala and Frances took a little while to get comfortable with each other, since they haven't had school together this summer, but they were back to normal in a jiffy.

Chandler was comfortable everywhere with everybody.




This is a heap of Keala, Chandler and Frances.  (And, yes, Keala's mother and I have discussed how much the girls may resent their names as teens.  Sorry, kiddos, but we chose those names for completely legitimate reasons you'll just have to learn to live with.  May we never do you more damage.)


Just as I was calling it a night, a terrific band started up.  Well, the kids just had to dance.




How could I break that up?  A half hour and many good-bye hugs later, I wrangled the kids back home.

Guess where I intend to spend every Thursday night for the rest of the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment