Thursday, July 24, 2014

Chewy Bon Bon Time

One of my favorite books to read with Frances right now is Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs, by Mo Willems.  It's funny.  Goldilocks is described as a poorly supervised little girl who never stops to think about anyone or anything for very long.  The three villains are Papa Dinosaur, Mama Dinosaur and the Dinosaur from Norway.  And the most wonderful thing about Norway is that it is the gateway to Sweden.  Frances doesn't understand why I laugh so hard when we read it, but she lets me read it anyway.

The three dinosaurs leave chocolate pudding out for Goldilocks to eat, because chocolate-filled little girl bon bons just happen to be dinosaurs' favorite treat.  I wasn't sure Frances had ever had chocolate pudding.  The situation begged to be remedied.  




Chandler dear was very intent on eating the cocoa straight.  See the brown stuff on my left leg? Cocoa.




Sadly, the girls were not blown away by the chocolate pudding.  A little too much semi-sweet chocolate, I think.  But they combined it with vanilla ice cream and managed to choke it down, the little troopers.



Ah, well.  I have done my job.  I introduced them to some great literature and chocolate pudding.  Can't be helped if they've got terrible taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment