Sunday, July 27, 2014

I have no idea

It poured the other day, so Frances took herself to the front porch and started singing.  Wanna know what she was singing?  A little ditty she made up, that went like this:

What can I do? I love you, but I want to be alone!



At the top of her lungs.

If we listened to more pop radio, I might have a theory about how she came up with this drama, but we only stopped listening to Raffi about a week ago.  Could she get this from the Beatles?  I think I'll blame the other kids at her school [shaking head in bewilderment].  Yep, blaming four year olds seems like the way to go.

Addendum: I gave this some more thought.  Maybe this is a tribute to Elsa, who loved Anna but was afraid to have her around.  Or maybe this stems from Frances's listening to Paul Simon's "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" over and over and over? She likes the rhymes (bus/Gus; plan/Stan - the stuff of Shakespeare).  Is Paul teaching her to be a callous cad?

No comments:

Post a Comment