Saturday, January 28, 2017

I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me!

We stayed in Boston for Christmas this year for many reasons.  Mainly, it is so much easier on all of us, but particularly me.  All the shipping of presents, the packing of children, the orchestrating of airplane entertainment. etc., etc., gets to be too much.

This is three of us, ready for the Christmas Eve service at church.


Frances had on a not-so-fancy dress, and she got jealous when she saw Chandler's tulle.  Frances and I made a mad dash to her closet to see what else we could find.  Saints be praised, we found a purple batik dress that Mimi had made.  I pointed out it was the color of Advent and Frances decided it was just the ticket.  Thank you, baby Jesus.  Tears averted.   

And here's two of us getting on the train to go to church.


The backpack is full of necessary distractions.  We arrived at about 3:30 to get seats and marching orders (I helped with Nativity crowd control) and the service didn't start until 4:30.  The girls were great, though.

Now, if I could just reliably predict distractions they'd like in cars and airplanes, we'd be sitting pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment