Thursday, January 12, 2017

Frances's Seventh Birthday Party, Part II, The Cake

We had some interesting food, this time around.  Frances's decided about a week before the party that she adores empanadas, so we ordered up a bunch of those.  And I found a recipe for Viking Bread.  The ingredients were a little suspect - did Vikings have baking powder? - but the bread fit our Viking theme, so I didn't think too hard about it.

The cake worked.  I was dismayed by the lack of How to Train Your Dragon cake decorations available at the stores, but the Internet came through for me.  This is what we ended up with: 


It said "Happy Birthday Frances!" across the bottom.  (I wanted it to say, "Happy Birthday, Frances!" with a comma, obviously, but the printers didn't cooperate.)  Frances didn't know about the cake topper ahead of time.  I think she was pleased.








Brilliance, that cake topper.  Brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment