Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Frances's Seventh Birthday Party, Part I

Not sure how many parts this will take, but I think I'll tackle Frances's birthday party in chunks.

I'm always hesitant to plan an outdoor party for Frances at the beginning of November, but for a couple years the weather has cooperated.  This year was no exception.  Frances wanted a How to Train Your Dragon-themed party.  Unfortunately, the local party supply stores don't carry that brand, so we had to get creative.

For a couple years, I've been wanting to make dinosaur eggs with the girls, made with tiny plastic dinosaurs, food dye and baking soda, more or less.  And then Frances had this elaborate leaf-seeking game thought up for the party.  I combined the two ideas, sorta.  I couldn't find tiny dragons, like I'd hoped, but I did find tiny dinosaurs.  I made those into colorful eggs, then hid the eggs around a playground around the corner from our house.  The kids ran around hunting the eggs, and then uncovered the dinosaurs using vinegar.

It kept them busy for almost an hour, so we'll call it a win.




Our littlest person uncovered the dinosaurs in her own way - manually smashing them.


When you're this cute, you get to do whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment