Monday, January 16, 2017

From Pride to Devastation

I was so excited for Frances to see the first woman president elected (Chandler, too, but I thought Frances might actually remember the election).  I waited until after school let out to go vote, even though I was worried about lines being longer in the afternoon.  I needn't have worried; we were just about the only voters there.  I was even able to allow Frances to fill in my ballot.


We've been devastated by the results.  Shaken.  It seems almost all our acquaintances have different reasons for feeling so stricken.  One friend is worried for the environment.  Another for civil liberties.  Another for immigrants.  Another for all women.  Education.  Health.  The list goes on.  Someone tried to reassure me that America would still be standing in four years.  But that hardly seems the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment