Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring!

Happy Spring Equinox!  To celebrate, I decided we were going to plant some basil.  (Last year, we planted cilantro.  Guess who picks out the seeds around here?  Here's a hint: it's not Frances.)  Frances was happy to oblige, as long as she got to wear her Swirly Dress.

She started by stirring the dirt, just for good measure.


Frances carefully scooped dirt into the pot.


She made holes for the seeds, ever so slightly deeper than the recommended quarter of an inch.


Frances, the sower

And, about a week or so later, we've got basil - itty, bitty basil, but basil none the less.  


Frances has been watering it diligently.  Hopefully, it will stay with us long enough for an update when it's big and strong.

I realized that if I wait to take pictures of Chandler until she's participating in all these activities, there won't be many pictures of her, besides the weekly/monthly updates.  My new plan is to take her picture while I do this fun stuff with Frances, no matter what Chandler is doing.  While we planted, Chandler slept in the Bjorn, like so:


I'm sure she'll be a big sower, in her turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment