Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Run More!

We met up with the Linfoots around mile 24 of the Boston Marathon.  It was perfect weather for spectating, but a bit warm for running.  Here are the five yahoos:


The girl yahoos, still spectating:


And four of the yahoos, having given up spectating:



I was in a race recently.  A frequent spectator sign read "Worst Parade Ever."  I get it.  Watching people jog by can be boring.  And I am glad the kids found ways to entertain themselves.  Cindy and I?  We are good spectators.  We clapped and cheered (one of us cheered in two languages - it wasn't me) for over two hours.  It takes such a crazy dedication to get your body and mind to complete 26.2 miles.  Step by step.  I have such awe.

Someday the yahoos will get it, surely.

Or they'll start bringing books to read.

One or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment