Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Guess The City!


It's Philly!  Because this is the year of driving south for the weekend, apparently!

We had a lovely little trip to Philly.  I hadn't been there since I was pregnant with Frances, so eight years or so.  We dashed into the Reading Terminal for lunch, and then to the Barnes in the afternoon.  The Barnes was very, very lovely, like so:


It was so lovely, I could tell it was lovely even as I was dragging a too-tired munchkin back outside because she was way too strung out to be in tiny rooms with priceless art.  She looks like such a nice kid, too.


Then we all "slept" in a hotel room together.  Then I was in a 10 mile race (I finished in under two hours - yay for me!).  Then we beat it back home.  It was a little crazy.  I think I'll stick to races closer to home and not try to squeeze being a tourist, a parent and a runner all into one weekend.  Too much by half!  But the girls have had a glimpse of Philly, Mark has visited the Barnes and I finished a 10 miler, so life could be a lot worse, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment