Thursday, March 14, 2013

On this night of a thousand stars...

Frances can be a touch...obstreperous, I believe is the word her loving Mimi used.  I believe Mimi also called her a humdinger.  I find myself repeating requests/commands a lot - "Frances, it's time to put on your pajamas.  Frances, it's time to put on your pajamas.  Frances, it's time to put on your pajamas." - which of course is my fault, not hers, but you get the picture.

But not last night!  Last night, Frances was on fire!  She did all sorts of things by herself that she's never done before, like wash her own hair in the tub, dry herself off after her bath, put on her pajamas (what she chose to use as pajamas), and more.  


And she tried three - THREE! - new foods.  And she went to sleep without anyone sitting with her and patting her back for 15, 30, 45 minutes.  I don't think I contemplated running away to a deserted island even once!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an oncoming train!  We are so proud of this kid.

1 comment:

  1. So, on a school day with a long nap??

    Have you figured out the golden answer??!

    ReplyDelete