Monday, March 25, 2013

Irish Soda Bread!, or Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

For our Saint Patrick's Day project, I decided we were making Irish Soda Bread because...well, I'll take any excuse to make bread.

Frances helped grease the baking pan, and then tested the grease for me.


Yep, that's grease.

Then she mixed up the ingredients (I was using a recipe from the back of a buttermilk carton - very convenient).


Then came the kneading, Frances's favorite part.


Then the lump o' dough (like my Irish accent?) got painted with butter and buttermilk.



Deliciousness!


Frances deigned to eat one bite.  Mark said it tasted like a saltine cracker that would be much improved by gravy.  I thought it was great and proceeded to finish it off, because I haven't quite accepted that I'm not pregnant anymore and can't get away with these things.

To Saint Patrick's Day (and rolly-polly-ness)!

No comments:

Post a Comment