Thursday, December 15, 2016

Forty-Three Months of Preschooler Chandler


Forty-Three Month Fun Fact

  • Academics:  None.  The incredibly lovely Montessori preschool that Frances attended closed down.  I found another preschool that I really liked, but everyone else really liked it too.  We never made it off the waitlist.  There were other preschools available, but Chandler is such an easy keeper and preschools are so expensive, we decided to keep her home another year.  I have ridiculous amounts of guilt about this.  Frances had such a good time in preschool and made such good friends, it seems cruel to not give Chandler the same opportunity.  But it also seems silly to spend money on a school you don't adore.  So she's home with me.  I try to get her out to organized groups, so sitting and paying attention to speakers aren't foreign concepts to her when she starts public school.  And I'm trying to teach her letter names and sounds.  Overall, it is not working, but I think that has more to do with my ability to teach than her ability to learn.  We read a lot.  We visit Frances's classes so Chandler is familiar with the routines at least in part.  With my emotional brain, I worry about how Chandler will handle K1 next year.  But with my rational brain, I know it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment