Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Adventurous eater? Please?

I am trying, trying, trying to encourage Chandler to be an adventurous eater.  I don't need her to adore broccoli, but I'm hoping she'll at least like our family dinners.  As part of this effort, I made Coconut, Ginger and Butternut Squash Soup the other day for all of us.  I let Chandler meet her butternut squash before cooking it up.






She seemed to like the soup, she really did. Then she got a mouthful that made her shake her head like a malfunctioning water sprinker - the kind used on golf courses.  I suspect she got a chunk of ginger.  I'm not giving up, though I may buy myself an immersion blender, the kind I gave away several moves ago.  And I may refuse to ever give her chicken nuggets and french fries, just in case exposing her to good food doesn't naturally convince her to be a gourmand.  Because hard and fast rules work so well with kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment