Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Forty-Four Months of Preschooler Frances


This is Auntie Lindsay's fault.  She taught Frances about the joys of hair sculpting while we were in Maine together.

Forty-Four Month Fun Facts


  • Frances, the student: More and more these words pass Frances's lips: "I like school." Music to a mother's ears.
  • Frances's Mispronunciations: The irregular past tense verbs continue to ellude her.  The other day, I got "swepted" instead of "slept".
  • Frances First:  A few days after she turned forty-four months old, Frances made her first trip to the emergency room.  She had fallen off a bench at school and hurt her arm.  She was clearly upset about it, but she let me press on her arm without flinching so I didn't think much of it.  The day after the accident, her school called to say she still wasn't using the arm (because, yes, I had sent her back to school).  I took her to the doctor's.  The doctor sent us to radiology at the hospital.  Radiology sent us to the emergency room.  After a couple hours in the emergency room, we were told Frances's bones had bent but not broken and she was fitted with a splint.  Frances and Chandler were real troopers throughout the experience, and Frances was definitely the least damaged kid in the ER that night, but I so hope that's the worst injury we ever get.  What are the odds?

No comments:

Post a Comment