Saturday, August 10, 2013

Blueberries for Frances and Chandler

We hadn't been blueberry picking yet this season, so church got scrapped yet again (next week!).  Mark did most of the picking this time while I took Frances to pee in the woods multiple times.  I made the mistake of singing her a little Peeing In The Woods song that my grandmother sang to me when the occasion warranted and I think she liked it a bit too much.

After picking, we visited the farms goats.  This farm has a genius strategy for preventing the goats from nibbling on the children.  The children put goat food in cups on a conveyor belt and then turn the conveyor belt to take the food to the goats in their goat high rises.  Problem solved.



Chandler got to watch her sister's antics, as usual.



Back home, we made blueberry cobbler.


It was not bad, if you ask me.


Not quite the homemade peach blueberry cobbler with ginger infused ice milk that my overachieving sister made on the same day, but two overachievers in one family would be too exhausting, so I try to keep my goals modest.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know that Peeing in the Woods song. I'm sure I know which grandmother you mean, but how did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine Nana making up a Peeing in the Woods song?

      We were with Nanny and Poppy, I think in New York state. They had taken us to watch horses doing harness racing (Google it). On the way home, Nanny and you and I stopped to pee in the woods and Nanny made up a song that went something like this: Peeing on my shoe is something that I do; I do it in all kinds of weather; it's good for the leather!

      I've heard normal grandmothers bake cookies.

      Delete
    2. Wow...I really wish I had a memory of that.

      Delete
    3. My memory of the day is very faint, but the song has stuck with me for over 20 years now.

      Delete