Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sixty Months of K1er Chandler

Man, oh, man was she looking forward to her birthday this year!  I think she asked me about it every ten minutes.  The day finally did arrive and I finally did her Fifth Year Interview.




  • What is your name? "Chandler."
  • How old are you?  "Five."
  • Who do you live with?  "Live with?  My mom and my sister. [Prompt]  And my dad."
  • What is your favorite color?  "Red." [Last year, she said "purple."  I think she was trying to please me, but having her choose her own color is so much better.]
  • Who do you like to spend time with?  "At school or at home?  I like to stay with Leela." 
  • What do you like to do with your family?  "Go to the ice cream store."
  • Where do you like to go?  "To SkyZone!" [More on SkyZone presently.]
  • What makes you sad?  "When people punch me." [A good parent would have asked her more about this; I will get around to it.]
  • What is your favorite toy?  "Hmmm, a wobble head.  It's a person who has a huge head and you get to wobble it.  Is that all my words?!" [She was watching me type her answers as she gave them, in case that wasn't clear.]
  • What is you favorite lunch?  "Clif Bar?" [Lunch, shmunch - she would eat those all days if I let her.  Too bad they're so expensive.]
  • What are your favorite clothes?  "Dresses."
  • What is your favorite game?  "Hmmm, my favorite game is, there is this game, I did it at school and it's, if you made a row by covering these shapes that Ms. Sach holds up you get a prize from the prize bag and I never got a prize from the prize bag because I never got three in a row.  You move fast, like Mim."  [She has watched Mim type.  Why does she pick the game she never wins as her favorite?]
  • What is your favorite snack?  "Hmmm, my favorite snack is donuts." 
  • What is your favorite animal?  "Hmmmm, a horse."
  • What is your favorite song?  "Um, it's um, Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way."
  • What is your favorite book?  "Umm, my favorite book is...the fairy one. [Prompt.]  It's about Tinker Bell and her friends."
  • Who is your best friend?   "Leela."
  • What is your favorite sport?  "Umm, soccer." [She's going to play soccer with Leela this Spring.  I blame Nadine, Leela's mom.]
  • What is your favorite thing to do outside?  "Play."
  • What is your favorite drink?  "Juice."
  • What is your favorite holiday?  "Um, Christmas and my birthday."
  • What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  "Umm, my stuffties."
  • What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  "Umm, what?  Breakfast?  You know, cake! [Prompt.]  Umm, it is, um, strawberry cake.  I mean, vanilla cake!" [The only cake she gets for breakfast is a pancake.]
  • What is your favorite dinner?  "Chocolate." [The Mother of The Year Award Committee regularly contacts me to praise my efforts, clearly.]
  • What do you want to be when you grow up?  "A mom."
  • What is your daddy's name?  "Mark."
  • What is your mommy's name?   " Morgan."
  • What is sister's name?  "Frances."
  • Where do you live?  "I live in a green house." [Last year, it was a "house."  Not overly loquacious, this kid.  Adore her.]

No comments:

Post a Comment