Sunday, February 18, 2018

Frances and the Violin

Mark was so convinced Frances needed to play the violin, he went out and found her a teacher at a music school in Brookline.  This places is not for slouches, but Frances seems to be thriving there (minus an occasional "I can't do this;"  I'm trying to discourage this waste of energy as gently as I can manage).  In December, the teacher, Ms. Celia, put on a little recital.  After some initial "I won't do that!" Frances gave it a try.




It was a smashing success!  Frances enjoyed herself and played well.  Major coup.

She was asked to join an Orchestra Skills class for ten year old.  After some "I won't!" she agreed to give it a try and is loving it.

Oh, how I wish she would recognize this pattern and skip the "I won't!" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment