Saturday, January 13, 2018

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Not really.  The lyric just popped in my head.

We did watch the eclipse from a local library that was way more organized than I was, i.e. the librarians had purchased viewing glasses.  The girls were suitably impressed, if not blown away with the disappearing sun act.

While at that library, I saw a notice of a party for rising kindergarteners at our local library.  This was very handy, as I'd completely forgotten the upcoming party and another party at our other local library.  (It was such an odd summer; have I mentioned that?  Lots of forgetting.)  We made it to that party and Chandler received her yellow "I'm going to Kindergarten" shirt.

On our way home from the party, we bumped into the JP Honk band, practicing outside the train station.  One of the musicians noticed the girls standing around and gave the girls egg shakers so they could participate.


(I love JP; have I mentioned that, either?)

It was a great way to finish a hectic day.  Nothing like live music in the open air at the end of a long summer's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment