Sunday, January 14, 2018

This Woman Needs Grandchildren, People

A year ago, I had casually mentioned to our friend Mim that Frances wanted to learn to knit and that she was in charge of that project.  I don't knit.

This summer, Mim and her friend Lindi came to stay with us for a couple nights.  And what does Mim do?  She shows up with a knitting kit - yarn, needles, instruction book, scissors.  I could have wept with gratitude for the wonderful women in my girls' lives.  And Mim taught Frances to knit!  Patience of Job, people.


And Gorilla looked on, because Frances wanted him to learn to knit, too.

I'll explain opposable thumbs next summer, when Frances matures and stops worrying about possibly hurting her stuffties feelings if she were to leave them behind when she goes to college.  She'll stop worrying about that soon, right?

Anyway, all hail Mim!

No comments:

Post a Comment