Friday, March 10, 2017

Forty-Eight Months of Preschooler Chandler

We finally made it to Chandler's actual birthday, after a lot of preamble.  It was a Tuesday and Frances had school, so we didn't have too much time to work with, but I did want to do something.  So we went to the local ice cream shop and we brought along our 4 candle.

Chandler isn't actually an ice cream fiend, but she humored us.





The Four Year-Old Interview

  • What is your name? " C-h-a-n-d-l-e-r."  [She spelled it!]
  • How old are you?  "I'm four."
  • Who do you live with?  "I live with Frances, Morgan, Dada."
  • What is your favorite color?  "My favorite color is purple." [After saying this, she looked at me, hard.  She knows my favorite color is purple.]
  • Who do you like to spend time with? "Uh, Dad. Hmmm, and, what's next?"  [She wasn't really enjoying this experience.]
  • What do you like to do with your family?  "I like to play in my room.  I like to go where they want to go with my family.  I like to go to Toys-R-Us and that's it."
  • Where do you like to go? "I like to go to Toys-R-Us and buy stuff."  [The girls got very generous gift certificates from their Uncle Eric at Christmas.  It has taken a couple trips to Toys-R-Us to spend them.]
  • What makes you sad?  "Sad?  Who screams at me.  Who's mad at me." [She gets really upset when she thinks people are mad at me.  She's taken to wailing, "Everyone is mad at me!"  Luckily, these bouts of wide-reaching calamity are short lived.]
  • What is your favorite toy?  "My favorite toy is my big red car."  [It goes with a doll house.  It doubles as a picnic table.  It is actually cool.]
  • What is your favorite fruit?  "Fruit? Frances."  [I guess I need to try harder.  Poor kid.  She ate a pound of strawberries recently.  It's not like she's never seen a fruit.  She just can't identify it.]
  • What is your favorite TV show?  "My favorite tv show is new movies."
  • What is your favorite vegetable?  "Grapes." [Closer!]
  • What is your favorite lunch?  "My favorite lunch is spisacios." [Known to the rest of us as "pistachios."]
  • What are your favorite clothes?  "My favorite clothes is Elsa dress."  [Also what she happened to be wearing when she was asked the question.] 
  • What is your favorite game? "My favorite game is How to Train Your Dragon II."  [Chandler and Frances run around hissing at each other, as dragons are wont to do.  I won't pretend to love it, but I know it could be so much worse.]
  • What is your favorite snack?   "My favorite snack is peanut butter."  
  • What is your favorite animal?  "My favorite animal is anything."
  • What is your favorite song?  "My favorite song is No One Knows How Far I Go." [That's Chandler's take on the Moana song."
  • What is your favorite book?  "My favorite book is any book, any book from the library [laughter]."  [The laughter seemed to indicate that the library stipulation should be obvious.]
  • Who is your best friend?  "My best friend is Peanut."
  • What is your favorite sport?  "My favorite sport...I don't know what sport means."
  • What is your favorite thing to do outside? "My favorite thing is run around in the flesh air."
  • What is your favorite drink?  "My favorite drink is apple juice."
  • What is your favorite holiday?  "My favorite holiday is watching movie."  [Maybe I should have given examples.]
  • What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  "I take anything i want to sleep with for five days and five nights and seven days and five nights."
  • What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? "My favorite thing is noodles."  [She gets the meal names confused.] 
  • What is your favorite dinner?  "My fav...I'm getting tired."  [She also rarely eats dinner.]
  • What do you want to be when you grow up?  "I want to be...I want to go back to my fort."  [She was pretending to be asleep in a pillow fort when I roused her to ask these questions.  Too many questions for a sleepy four year-old, clearly.]
  • What is your daddy's name?  "Mark."
  • What is your mommy's name? "Morgan."
  • What is sister's name?  "Frances."
  • Where do you live?  "We live in a big house."

No comments:

Post a Comment