Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary

Continuing on with our Mass Audubon Fridays, Chandler, Frances and I visited Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary in Natick.  It was perfect for us and a beautiful day for it.


Our favorite feature of Broadmoor was a boardwalk over a marsh.  Here's Frances on the boardwalk consulting her map.  She's fond of maps, either because of her admiration of all-things-Dora or her genetic link to her Mimi.  I'm inclined to favor the former (sorry, Mimi).


The marsh was full of turtles warming themselves in the Spring sun.  I love the Spring!


I'm not sure Frances ever realized she was looking at turtles, but she did offer to go swimming in the marsh.  I suggested we find a less marshy body of water to swim in.


Back on dry land, we saw these fiddlehead ferns (I'm related to my father's mother, so I'm genetically inclined to make up plant names).



These were just your run of the mill daffodils, but they were oh, so lovely (maybe I got an appreciation for daffodils from my father's mother, too).



Frances collected some pine cones.


And she arranged them thus:


When I said they looked like an "F," she corrected me.  They were actually ice cream.  Ice cream is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.  Frances insisted we take the pine cones home and paint them.



Now we've got a head start on new ornaments for our Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment