Wednesday, November 9, 2016

South Bubble, Seal Cove

As much as I love our activities in Maine, I've had to admit to myself that we do the same things over and over.  I decided we needed to branch out a bit.  Branching out a bit doesn't sound too daring, but I get intimidated by parking in Acadia (Will I find a parking spot that doesn't require me to walk on narrow roads with the girls? Do I need a parking pass?  Should I buy a week pass, a year pass?  Fester, fester, fester.) and unfamiliar trails (Sure the guidebook says the trail is kid-friendly, but does the guidebook know my kiddos? No, the guidebook does not.)  But, we did it!  We branched out and tried the South Bubble.  

The parking was horrendous, but a woman who was leaving the parking lot saw the two kids in my backseat and decided I deserved her spot.  Thank you, woman.  My apologies to the other cars waiting in line ahead of me.

The trail was really kid-friendly.  The top, however, required me to balance encouragement and panic a little bit.  The drop-off is absolutely as steep as it looks in these pictures.  Luckily, Frances didn't have any more luck pushing Bubble Rock than the last ten thousand people who have tried the same maneuver.  


And Chander managed to keep her inner goofball in check.


They ran all the way down, much to the amusement of the other hikers.  We made our way to nearby Seal Harbor.



Chandler was wet to her armpits by the time we headed home.  Her inner goofball prevailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment