Sunday, July 31, 2016

I Blame April Vacation

The kids are getting easier and easier, without a doubt.  That being said, a week of vacation with no particular plans can get a bit long.  So we were willing to try about anything.

The girls and I had a copy of Jack and the Beanstalk from the library.  Chandler in particular asked for it repeatedly.  Mr. Internet suggested a Jack and the Beanstalk activity:  building castles in the clouds, or stacking blocks in shaving cream.  Thank you, Mr. Internet.

I'm getting smarter:  I just stripped Chandler at the beginning of the activity.  She spent about ten seconds working with the blocks and about ten minutes smearing the shaving cream on herself.



Frances managed a quite decent castle...


...complete with dinosaur.


Chandler managed a complete mess.  I wish I could post some after photos of my kitchen, but they all include a very naked Chandler skating on a slick of shaving cream.  Ooooh, she was very pleased with herself, as was Frances.  My kitchen may have stunk of shaving cream for days, but they were very pleased with themselves.  I may not repeat this activity anytime soon, but I can't regret it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment