Saturday, November 22, 2014

Twenty-One Months of Toddler Chandler

Oh, what I wouldn't give for these photos to be in focus!




My Lord, she's a cutie.

Twenty-One Month Fun Facts

  • Firsts - I just remembered that on Frances's monthly updates, I always kept track of her Firsts.  This month, Chandler had her first trip to New York.  So she's been in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Arkansas, Maine and New York?  Is that all?  We need to get moving.
  • Language - Huge language explosion.  Let's see, we've got:...Never mind, we've got nothing.  I was keeping a list on my phone and the list has disappeared.  One of my horrible offspring probably erased it.  Drat.  Take my word for it, Chandler's vocabulary has exploded.  Some words include ball, shoes/dues, green/gree, tree/ree, more/mo, Gladys (Chandler's caretaker at the gym's nursery), Mimi, doggie, Scarlett/carlett (the upstairs neighbors' dog), snack/nack, baby, water/baba (?), help me/hep me, and go.  She frequently says, "Daddy wok choo choo" which means either "Daddy walks to the train" or "Daddy went to work on the train."  Horses say, "neigh."  Cows say, "moo."  Cats "meow."  There are other words, I know.  I wouldn't swear that we're absolutely up to the ideal two-year old word count, but we must be close.  I'm not worried.
  • Favorite book: "Little Blue Truck," by Alice Schertle.  It's got truck noises and animal noises, so it really can't be beat.
  • Favorite song: I'm allowed to sing her "Irene, Goodnight" before bed, but I get shut down if I try to sing anything else at any time.  She's a pisser.  She's also fond of repeating some tones from a singing class we're taking together.  I'm sure this means she's destined to be a great chorister.
  • Sleep: She went through a brief period of sleeping through the night, and then stopped again.  I can't figure out if she's a little sick, or teething or cold or if she's just pulling our leg.  When I figure it out and address the issue, we will sleep train yet again.  It's not hopeless; sometimes she sleeps through the night just to keep me on my toes.
  • Mobility: She'll take Frances's scooter, thank you very much.  She spent much of today scootering around the apartment and she's getting quite fast.  The downstairs neighbor loves us.  Chandler does even steep stairs independently, which is great sometimes, but sometimes scares the bejeezus out of me.
  • Frequent comment: Anything about her blue eyes.  I've gotten one "She's so tall!" but only one, and I'd be happy if it stayed that way (I had that conversation too many times about Frances.)
  • Disposition: Sometimes, she is the sweetest thing on two feet - handing out snuggles and sharing with Frances like a sweetheart.  Sometimes, she hisses.  I think she's hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment