Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ghoulies and ghosties and things that go bump in the night

We are very blessed to have Frances's friend Darby in our lives.  They don't go to school together anymore, but we are holding on to that kid.  One good thing about her?  Her birthday is on Halloween, so we always have a Halloween strategy in place.  This year, Darby's brave mother took Darby, Frances and Kealakai to get their nails painted, then to ballet, and then back to their house.  We all convened for trick-or-treating and dinner.  Here's some pre-trick-or-treating chaos:


Frances had originally asked to be a fairy princess, but she also asked for an Elsa dress.  I didn't want to push her into being Elsa, but I didn't want her to be disappointed with a non-Elsa costume when she realized so many other girls were Elsa, so I got the dress and let her choose.  She chose Elsa, big surprise.  I thought she looked great.


And then there's little Miss Butterfly.


I'll admit it: I didn't work very hard on Chandler's costume.  But the trick-or-treating happened so long after her bedtime, that she was kind of a wreck and I carried her inside my jacket the whole night anyway.  I was glad I hadn't slaved over a costume.  I'll try harder next year, if Chandler bumps back her bedtime, I promise.  (Do I say this every year?)

No comments:

Post a Comment