Sunday, November 2, 2014

Getting through Sunday

Chandler fell asleep in the car on the way home for church, which means a very short nap and no joy in Whoville.  Rather than hanging around the house with a cranky pre-two year old, I took the girls out to Drumlin Farm.


Lucky, lucky me.  I love this place.  I feel like a better mom every time we come.




The girls were surprisingly entertained by bins of dirt.  They seemed to like the tools.  If only we had room for dirt bins at home...



There were rabbits to pat in the garden.  Frances had a long chat with the rabbit presenter.


We spent a very long time in the cow and horse barn, mostly in a room with horse and pony displays.  Frances's favorite part was a child-sized stall.  She loved pretending to be a horse.  After a good twenty minutes of neighing, stamping and cantering around, she discovered the horse/pony ruler on the wall.  Much to her chagrin, she is still pony sized.


Chandler was patient with all this horse play for awhile, then she started wandering outside the barn and investigating on her own.  I love that about her.


On our way out, the girls picked out some white pumpkins and I treated myself to some patchouli-scented goats' milk soap.  It was a good, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment