Monday, September 23, 2013

My Girls, The Sailors

We squeezed in one more trip to Maine before Frances went back to school. (She actually missed the first three days of school because what's more important - three days of school or another trip to Maine? Exactly).  Sir and Mimi were there too, which means Chandler had her first ride on Sir's boat!


Like every child in the history of time and space, Chandler hated her life jacket.  Luckily, her favorite part of my body was never far away and we got through.

This kid, though, loved the sailing this year.  

She even went a couple times sans parents.  I thought for sure she'd change her mind at the last minute, but she just climbed on the boat, waved good-bye and didn't look back.  It made me feel useless in the best possible way.  Another solo sailor at the age of nine like her Sir?  I don't think I could take it.  Maybe 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment