Monday, September 30, 2013

Forty-Six Months of Preschooler Frances

One morning in Cookie Bite:



Forty-Six Months Fun Facts

  • More miscommunications:  Frances and I were "jogging" in the Arboretum recently.  Another jogger passed us.  I said, "Oh, he passed us.  We need to train so we can jog faster."  "Yeah," said Frances, all seriousness, "because trains are fast!"  Another gem: "Mom, I like your pimples."  She has started trying to butter me up whenever I seem annoyed with her, but "Mom, I like your pimples" did not help.
  • Frances, the reader:  Well, not really, but I've realized she can recognize the names of several of her classmates, "Nico" and "Luke" in particular.
  • Biggest obsession: Lipstick, God help us.  Mimi,  my dear beloved mother, found her perfect shade of lipstick.  What to do with all her other lipsticks that aren't the perfect shade?  Send them to her daughter, that'd be me, who isn't known for buying herself lipstick.  About 15 tubes of lip gloss sat in our bathroom untouched for several months.  Then Frances found them.  She's in love.  Many mornings, she'll put some on before heading over to Montessori.  I'm sure that's what Maria Montessori had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment