Saturday, November 18, 2017

If it weren't for those pesky kids

I swore I would never make cinnamon rolls.  They seemed like such a pain.  The packaged kind are so good.  Why bother?  Frances didn't get the memo.  However, Frances did get a kids' cookbook from the library by the beloved Mollie Katzen, of  Moosewood fame.  It included a recipe for cinnamon rolls.  Frances wanted to try them.  I couldn't exactly say "no" after all the goofy recipes I try (eg. homemade bagels).

So, we gave it a whirl and they weren't difficult at all.  Here are the girls with Batch #1.


They were so not difficult, that we made at least four batches, one of them sourdough.  Mark swears he never saw a crumb of the alleged cinnamon rolls.  I think that says more about his observational skills than our baking efforts.  The cinnamon rolls were Everywhere for about a week.  Poor Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment