Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Whole New Ball Park

The girls' Cowen cousins showed up for our second week in Maine.  Before I could bat an eye, this happened:


And then this:


And then this:


Yep, Frances joined the cousins for a swim from the dock to the shore at high tide.

It is difficult to express in words how cold that water is.  I did this swim with Frances a couple years ago without a life jacket.  About half way through the swim, I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  It was not at all clear to me that my body wouldn't seize up in protest.

And then there's Frances.  I do not know how she does it.  It's not like she's got body fat to insulate her.  And yet, there she is, doing it.  She is definitely rising to the high bar set by the cousins.  And I'm so very proud of her for keeping up.  But the pride is all but overwhelmed by stupefaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment