Sunday, July 16, 2017

Fifty-Two Months of Preschooler Chandler





Yes, three (junky) Dunkin Donuts doughnuts. I have a defense (sort of).  Chandler and I had taken the new car to have a bike hitch installed.  It was a two or three hour process - the shop guys couldn't be more specific.  So Chandler and I were left to entertain ourselves in a somewhat-rundown stripmall area.  Marching around a somewhat-rundown stripmall area with a hungry four year old didn't sound like much fun.  I decided to kill time with doughnuts.  (For what it's worth, she didn't get far at all with that last doughnut.)

Fifty-Two Month Fun Fact:

  • Consumption:  She likes doughnuts, but never finishes her ice cream.  One scoop is too much for her.  I've eaten many scoop halves this summer.
  • Academics:  Have I written about this?  I tried to teach Chandler her letters and failed miserably.  Miserably.  And she seems so young to me.  There are many self-care activities that she still won't do independently.  A couple of  the teachers at Frances's school have commented on Chandler's verbal skills and her comfort in the school, so I am doing my damnedest not to worry about how she'll do at school and just enjoy these last few months with her.  Sometimes I succeed, but sometimes not.  Chandler loves Ms. Coughlan, Frances's first grade teacher.  I told Ms. Coughlan to please call me if one day next year Chandler appeared in her room and refused to cooperate with anyone but Ms. Coughlan.  Ms. Coughlan just laughed, as though I was being so very silly.  I'm trying to be reassured by that laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment