Friday, July 21, 2017

Field Day

Frances's "new" school closed out the school year with a Field Day.  At her old school, Field Day was all about bouncy houses and face paint.  At her new school, Field Day is about races.  Frances was nervous.  She begged me to attend.  I did, of course.



Frances's first event was a relay with one of her best buddies.


She did well.

Her second event was hurdles.


She was convinced she deserved a higher ranking ribbon, but by that point in the day the parent volunteers were fading fast.  I said something like, "Yay!  A ribbon!" to cheer Frances up.

Then there was dancing - some dances I recognized and others I did not.  Frances knew them all.  That's Chandler in the peach dress, left of center, dancing between Nayary and Frances.  And Frances's beloved Ms. Coughlan is the adult in the foreground in green khaki pants and a yellow top.



I think Frances will be much more excited about Field Day next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment