Saturday, February 4, 2017

Winter Solstice!

I found more pictures.  A little out of order around here.

On the Solstice, the girls and I made our first batch of gingerbread cookies.





The girls and I had dinner by candlelight and Christmas tree lights.  


I did my best to explain why the daylight would be getting longer, thank all things good and holy.  Frances's school is trying to remake itself as a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics school, but no one at the school mentioned why the sun would be up after 4:12.  It seems like such a tangible lesson for kids: this is why you'll be able to return to the playgrounds after school in a few months, kids!  Hurrah!  I can't decide if mentioning this missed opportunity at her school would get me labeled as a genius or a kook.  All of the science, none of the paganism!  Think I could sell it?

BPS and I may not be destined to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment