Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Amazing Kid, or This Is Why She's Godmother

See these lovely specimens of humanity?


They decided the thing to do was swim from the shore to the dock.  The distance is not far, but the temperature is not so high, either.  (Average water temperature in Maine in the first two weeks of July is fifty-eight degrees.  I looked it up.)

My older lovely specimen of humanity decided she wanted to join her gonzo cousins.  Unfortunately, I had my younger lovely specimen of humanity to keep track of.  This  is where Godmother Jocelyn comes in.  Thank you, Jesus.


This is the kids getting ready to shove off.  And Jocelyn reconsidering her nuttiness.


There they are, midway, Jocelyn, James and Frances.


And then up on to the dock.  


Doesn't Godmother Jocelyn look like she's enjoying herself?  (For what it's worth, I repeated this exercise with Frances a few weeks later, when the average Maine water temperature is sixty degrees.  It was so very cold, my-head-hurts-even-above-the-water cold.  Frances didn't mind a bit.  Frances is getting tougher and tougher in her advanced age.)

And then we ate lobster, which the kids kissed good-bye.  Sweet kids.  Sweet lobster.



No comments:

Post a Comment