Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Going On A Bear Hunt

We hiked to this view...


...and did this:


(That's a mess of people having snacks.)

I was soooo pleased with myself.  I'd come up with this idea of inviting a bunch of people to go on a hike together.  I thought it would be a great way to see people without requiring anyone to clean their homes.  I invited seven families - seven! - people from Frances's old school, her new school, the gym, the playground.  What did I get?  One and a half families, very much the usual suspects (Darby's family, Keala and Akea).

It was still great.

This is Chandler, thinking it was great.




These are the big boys with their sketch books.  I got so excited when they pulled out their books.  I thought maybe they were going to draw the nature around us.  I am so naive.  They drew something like aircraft carriers.  I'm not sure when I'll get used to boys.


This boy has stolen my heart.


It's Peanut.  He's adorable.  I will weep when he starts drawing aircraft carriers.

And here's Mark silently having a heart attack whilst praying those girls don't fall backwards off the wall.


They had no fear.  But Mark did eventually make them get down.

Then there was some ring-around-the-rosies.



It ended up being a really nice day.

I'm going to go put organizing another hike on my list of things to organize.

No comments:

Post a Comment