Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sixty-Five Months of Preschooler Frances

They play nicely together, sometimes.


Sixty-Five Month Fun Facts

  • Reading: No leaps and bounds, but steady progress.  I strongly encourage that she read Bob Books and we've been working our way through the second set.
  • Movement:  Frances continues to take pre-ballet.  I feel her interest waning a bit, but she keeps at it.  That may have something to do with Darby being in the class, but reliable contact with Darby seems like a good enough reason to stick with it to me.
  • Temperament: While I wouldn't describe her as having a completely smooth temperament, she is such an easier five year old than a three year old.  I see her struggle in some of the same ways I struggled.  It can be very hard not to grab her by the shoulders and tell her to relax.  (A time she burst into tears because someone had cut in front of her in line two days before comes to mind.)  But I refrain.  There's some things you can't be told.  She's a first child, for sure and for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment