Monday, June 17, 2013

Forty-Three Months of Preschooler Frances

On Frances's forty-three months birthday (I am aware that this is ridiculous but I can't stop myself), Frances had her first play date sans parents.  Darby was a trooper; Frances was a pill.  I eventually realized she was exhausted and let her nap until 5:30.  She was asleep again by 8:30 - she was that tired.

In one of Frances's happier moments, the girls used the laundry baskets as cars and plastic plates as steering wheels.  Not too shabby.



Forty-Three Months Fun Facts
  • Frances the student: I went to Frances's end of the year parent-teacher conference earlier this month.  Her "report card" says she is comfortable at school, willing to socialize, beginning to work in the teens, and contributing to group discussions.  The report card also says she "has [the] capacity to attend to group times when not close to a buddy."  Reading between the lines, I'd say that means she is squirrelly when she is next to a buddy.  Hmm...God bless those preschool teachers.
  •  Biggest aspiration: The girl wants to have a sleep over, really badly.  During brave moments, I think "What could go wrong?"  And then I have some very sobering thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment