Monday, June 5, 2017

One More Field Trip

Chandler and I joined Frances's class for one more field trip.  But first Chandler had to fill some glasses with water, in case we got "firsty."  (In all honesty, she's been entertaining herself with pouring water ever since this photo was taken.  As long as I overlook the occasional flood, it's wonderfully self-sufficient of her.)


And then we met up with Frances's class at the Arboretum.  It is so very beautiful there.  The Arboretum staff did a great job breaking up the class into small groups and leading them through observation activities.  Some of the kids were more observant than others, it's true, but I think they all got something out of it.  Then we ate lunch and the kids spent the last half hour running up and down this big hill.  Chandler is the white t-shirt in the middle of the picture.


I'd say it was a huge success and by far the easiest field trip of the year.  I wish they could go once a season.  I'm just a fount of ideas BPS will never have the money to implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment