Friday, April 14, 2017

The Last Gingerbread of the Season?

Did Chandler ask to make gingerbread cookies?  I can't quite remember, but we did find ourselves making gingerbread in April.



It felt a bit out of place - aren't we supposed to be making our way to coconut-festooned bunnies? - but the girls' pediatrician reminded me that raisins count as a fruit, so I didn't fight it.  Plus, this recipe called for black pepper, and I couldn't resist a cookie recipe that called for black pepper.


They were delicious, and only lasted a blink of an eye. I do love fall and winter flavors, but they are more special if we don't eat them All Year Long.  Now to find a spring cookie...Wonder if the girls would eat macaroons?  I made some mandelbrot ("Jewish biscotti") the other day.  Now I'm eating them all by myself.  God bless the girls' pathetically limited palates.

1 comment: