Monday, August 15, 2016

Seventy-Eight Months of Kindergartener Frances


Seventy-Eight Months Fun Fact
  • Characteristic: Resilient.  This is actually not a nice photo of me to post, and not just because it's not visually pleasing.  In this picture, Frances was having a hissy fit, a meltdown of epic proportions.  Epic.  Why?  Because I told her she would be going to swim camp this summer, a one week, half-day swim camp.  She was so incredibly not pleased.  She said things like, "Why would you do this to me?" and sobbed for twenty or thirty minutes.  It went on and on.  And then it stopped.  By the time swim camp arrived, she was looking forward to it.  When I came for pick-up, she didn't want to leave.  The kid adapted.  The kid bounced back.  I am so very proud of her.  I just wish she would remember how upset she was, so she could appreciate how well she adjusted, but I don't think she has any memory of the meltdown.  More's the pity.


No comments:

Post a Comment