Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy New Year's!

New Year's eve wasn't too rambunctious around here - surprising, I know - so not much to report there.  New Year's day was very, very cold, but I'd heard about some ice sculptures around Boston and I was determined to go see them.  Mark lovingly obliged.

We did find the sculptures, but there were so many people around them that we couldn't get close enough for good pictures.  The real highlight of the day ended up being "skating" across the pond in the Boston Public Garden.  I thought this pond was drained every winter, but there it was, big as day and very frozen.  Frances and I had a great time, while Chandler huddled against me for warmth.  If you squint, you may be able to make out Frances's baby doll.  She insisted on having her baby strapped to her, just like Chandler was strapped to me.





When we just couldn't take the cold anymore, we sought refuge (and lunch) at a P. F. Chang's.  


Mark and I had to chuckle at this because it reminded us of the time we visited Mt. Desert Island in January and couldn't find anywhere to eat lunch except a Chinese place in Bar Harbor.  I guess Mark and I have an affinity for eating Chinese in freezing weather.

I'm fairly sure we spent the rest of the day trying to chase the chill from our bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment