Wednesday, July 24, 2013

To Maine!

Frances, Chandler and I decided to brave the drive to Maine without a co-pilot to visit with my sister, Lindsay, and her crew.  I needn't have worried about the drive.  Frances did remarkably well, yet again, and Chandler only asked to be fed every once in awhile.  I can handle that.  We arrived by the early afternoon, so after a little recuperation, we headed off to Ship Harbor so the big kids could do some running around and the littlest kid could do her usual.

Frances and Cousin Zoe doing the running around:


The littlest kid doing her usual:


Even atrocious hats can't ruin this scenery.





Frances being pensive.



Frances being not-so-pensive.


Frances and Cousin Zoe were big buddies this year, which was a big improvement on the year they weren't quite buddies at all.



So much sea to see.


In December, I'll look at these photos and be so glad I'm not standing on the shore of Mount Desert Island, but at the time it was so good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment