Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Frances!

For Frances's third birthday, we wandered into the land of Birthday Parties and survived!  We kept it very small, just Frances's friends Sophia and Tyler and their entourages.  Here's most of the gang, everyone except me.


Here are the big kiddos gearing up for the cake. The cake really got their attention.  Frances was sure we were supposed to have birthday hats.


It took us a couple tries, but we did get the candles out.


After cake, we opened gifts.  This is Frances examining a new flashlight.  It has proved to be very popular.  We used it to go on a bear hunt later that day and now the flashlight sleeps with her.


Mark and Frances thought baby Cobi was pretty nifty.


Later that day, Mark said something along the lines of  "I think I could handle a boy baby after all."  Good thing, since there's a 50 per cent chance he'll be getting one.

More presents.  Frances and Sophia examine a floor puzzle which has been very popular.  Frances is really enjoying puzzles lately.


And then we did this for a couple hours.  I cannot explain why having a few friends over for the afternoon is so exhausting; it's got something to do with calling it a "Birthday Party."  You'll notice that Frances is still holding the flashlight.



This makes Frances officially Three!!  I think I'm supposed to say something here like "My, how the time has flown!" but I think I'll stick with "My, how much Frances has accomplished!"  We've come a long way - from a baby who couldn't be bothered to wake up to eat to a three year-old who runs her parents ragged.  We wouldn't trade her for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment